FydeOS Installation Tutorial
As a TV box enthusiast, I stumbled upon a FydeOS in my quest to find the right operating system that can run Android on PC hardware. Most of you may have seen my many videos and attempts on various mini PCs to fill in these devices in the super android TV boxes. However, my main go to alternative operating system was Android x86 and the various forks around the web. Even though I had some success in applying the software it was never fully compatible, and I could never achieve 100% of the features needed to fully claim that a mini PC could perform every function of a typical Android TV box. More than that Android x86 is always in development and new releases are usually slow in coming. I stumbled upon FydeOS which is a chrome OS fork running an android subsystem and it presented a new way for me to achieve what I have always been longing to. Whilst FydeOS it to is not 100% compatible with PC hardware enough that I can claim it to be a total replacement for Android TV box, it’s more compatible and solve this more of the compatibility issues faced by Android x86 and brings me much closer to achieving my goal.
FydeOS Home Page (Right click Translate to English Chrome browser) – fydeos.com/
AROB V0.10 – drive.google.com/file/d/1CHCEu3dvSuUm2jKK3eZnUIs7G4PLL9Ja/view?usp=sharing
BalenaEtcher – www.balena.io/etcher/
AROB Github download – github.com/Gerriarob/arob
FX File explorer – play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx&hl=en&gl=US
Mini Partition Tool – www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
Features of FydeOS
- Chrome OS operating system.
- Chromium browser.
- Android subsystem with full Google play services.
- Wi-Fi and ethernet LAN works.
- 32 and 64bit ABIs.
- Bluetooth works.
- Audio via HDMI switch readily available.
- Official Netflix and Amazon prime video on chromium browser.
- Root Access option.
- YouTube in 4K 2160p quality
- 4K display resolution which screen size adjustment.
- And cloud server settings storage.
- Keyboard/mouse/gamepad compatible.
- Built-in screen rotation.
- High quality graphics gaming.
- Intel and AMD compatible.
- Auto restore android apps upon reset or reinstall.
Cons of FydeOS
- No HDR display.
- No Dolby vision.
- No Dolby Atmos or DTS audio.
- No drag and drop desktop shortcuts.
- No 4K video playback that contains HDR and digital audio formats.
- Gamepad key mapping does not work.
I know many of you just as I do would love to see the day when we can choose how we would like to run Android and the use high end hardware to do it. Even though FydeOS still doesn’t achieve 100% of this it still achieves more than android x86. Also keep in mind it has eight cloud server elements to it so it’s in beta, so I don’t know how long that is when the last. But for now it’s free to use.
Facebook – www.facebook.com/tvboxstopreviews/
Instagram – www.instagram.com/tvboxstop/
Twitter – twitter.com/tvboxstop1
Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/in/nicholas-john-9a5152125/
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/tvboxstop/tv-box-stop/
TV Box Blog – tvboxstop.com
Email – email@example.com
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
We are participant in the Amazon services LLC Associates Program, and affiliate advertising program designed to produce a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.