Beelink GS King-X Review
I will start by saying that in my opinion the Beelink GS King X TV box is the best TV box for 2020, not based on benchmarks but on features and performance. I was the last out of the top TV box reviewers to receive my copy due to the delayed flights during this COVID19 period, but I am happy that it is finally here and updated. You may have seen on other YouTube channels that the box could not connect to the Internet and their videos ended abruptly. This Rocky start was very frustrating and to creators and customers, but I am happy to announce that the problem has been fixed and GS King X is now ready to deliver its Xtreme performance. In this review I discovered some amazing and exciting features not seen in other TV boxes and it also gave me a scare in the digital audio playback segment. I expect this review will generate a lot of comments from Nvidia Shield fans who may get a sense of feeling that the walls are closing in on their beloved Shield TV boxes, but that’s just my opinion.
GeekBuying – 12% OFF Coupon: GSKINGX – shrsl.com/2dntb
SZBOX – 6% OFF Coupon: “click before add to cart” – s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d7Df92f
GearBest – 1% OFF Coupon: GBCNGSKX – shrsl.com/2dntr
Banggood – 7% OFF Coupon: “click before add to cart” – shrsl.com/2dnun
Beelink GS King X firmware update download – mega.nz/file/ry5zXAAJ#tq058BVi_s08B5zPl_Oe9n5i4CYr8hbDhqnAo_DODtA
GS King X Hardware
- CPU – Amlogic S922X-H Hexa Core 1.8 GHz clock speed
- GPU – Mali G52
- RAM – 4GB DDR4
- Internal Storage – 64GB eMMc
- Wi-Fi – 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz dual band
- LAN – 1000 Mbps
- Bluetooth – 4.1
- 1 HDMI 2.1
- 4 USB 3.0
- 1 Ethernet LAN port
- 1 Headphone Jack
- 1 Optical Audio SPDIF
- 1 Pair of RCA audio jacks
- 1 Pair 6.35 Balanced out put jacks
- 1 AV port
- 1 SD reader
- 1 DC power input
- 1 Reset Button
- Antutu – 135,815
- Geekbench 4 – 1,214 single-core/ 3388 multi-core
- Ice storm extreme – MAX
- Slingshot – 1582
- Slingshot Extreme – 1148 Vulkan Support
- RAM copy speed – 5,684
- Internal storage speed – 130 MB/s read / 114 MB/s write
- Wi-Fi speed – Max speed on both 5 GHz +2.4 GHz
- LAN speed – Max speed
- Hexa core CPU 1.8GHz.
- Internal cooling fan.
- Two SATA expansion ports.
- 4 USB 3.0 ports and additional audio outputs.
- Beelink launcher with the ability to use live wallpapers.
- Navigation bar and status bar.
- Root switch in the developer’s options.
- Built-in screen rotation in the more settings area.
- Dolby vision and HDR display.
- Hi benchmarks taking position number three on my chart.
- The coolest operating temperatures in the industry.
- Zero overheating not even during gaming.
- Samba server capabilities up to 32TB.
- CoreELEC dual-boot to a second operating system.
- Excellent 4K video playback.
- Kodi and streaming APK works perfectly.
- YouTube plays in HDR quality, only TV box to do this.
- Dolby Atmos/DTS audio on the optical SPDIF port.
- Dolby true HD on CoreELEC.
- Emulation gaming on CoreELEC.
- Excellent handling of Nvidia GeForce now platform.
- Inclusion of a G10 wireless AirMouse with voice commands features.
- No DRM for Netflix in HD/4K (basic 480p only)
- Firmware update needed to play Dolby/DTS under Android OS.
After reviewing this box I conclude that it is the best TV box for 2020, not based on benchmark scores but based on innovation and problem solving. Here is what I mean.
- Concerned about overheating? Fixed included cooling fan 35°C and 45°C
- Concerned about storage? Colossal expandable storage via 32TB dual SATA ports with samba server capabilities.
- Concerned about 4K playback and digital audio? Guess what you even have Dolby TrueHD on CoreELEC.
- Concerned about YouTube? First TV box to play YouTube in HDR quality. Not even the Nvidia Shield does it.
- Concerned about navigation and customization? Fixed you can now customize the Beelink launcher, and they have included an air-mouse with voice commands features.
- Concerned about Root switch? There is one in the developer options.
- Concerned about screen rotation? There is one in the more settings area.
- Concerned about Wi-Fi speed and LAN speed? Full throttle on both Wi-Fi bands and GB LAN port.
- Concerned about gaming? Give it your best shot and it will not fail you it’s that good.
You can have high benchmarks and poor performance due to overheating, or high benchmarks and weak or missing features. I expect them to release a Pro or Plus model with the CPU clocked at 1.9GHz or 2.2GHz because this box can handle the speed without overheating.
Facebook – www.facebook.com/tvboxstopreviews/
Instagram – www.instagram.com/tvboxstop/
Twitter – twitter.com/tvboxstop1
Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/in/nicholas-john-9a5152125/
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/tvboxstop/tv-box-stop/
TV Box Blog – tvboxstop.com
Email – email@example.com
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
We are participant in the Amazon services LLC Associates Program, and affiliate advertising program designed to produce a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.