Khadas VIM4 TV Box SOC Review
Today we have an exciting new release from Khadas with their latest SOC the Khadas VIM4. This latest SOC is in their best one yet sporting a new Amlogic A311D2 Octa Core CPU clocked at 2.2 GHz, it has the Mali G52 MP4 GPU, a whopping 8 GB of DDR4X RAM, Wi-Fi six technology, and it even has an M.2 NVME slot for expandable storage.
This latest SOC features Khadas is OOWOW installation manager and firmware configuration software which makes it easy to install Android, and a bull to with a single click of a button. In my testing of its performance benchmarks the VIM4 clocked 205,434 in the Antutu benchmark which places it second to the Nvidia shield.
Khadas VIM4 Hardware specs
- Amlogic A311D2 – 2.2GHz Quad core ARM Cortex-A73 and 2.0GHz Quad core Cortex-A53
- ARM Mali-G52 MP8(8EE) GPU up to 800MHz
- AP6275S Wi-Fi 6 Module (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2T2R MIMO with RSDB)
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB 3.0 Available
- Gigabit Ethernet with WOL support
- 8GB 64bit LPDDR4X frequency up to 2016MHz
- USB-C PD for heavy applications
- M.2 Connector (for NVMe SSD, 5G etc.)
Khadas VIM4 I/O Ports
- 1 HDMI 2.1
- 2 UDM 3.0
- 1 Type C OTG
- 1 Micro HDMI
- 1 LAN 1000mbps
- 1 Micro SD
- 40 Pin GPIO Header (USB, I2C, I2S, UART, ADC etc)
- 8-ch I2S for Microphone Array application (over M.2 Connector)
- Antutu – 205,434
- Geekbench4 – 1,534 Single-core | 5,589 Multi-core
- Ice Storm Extreme –MAX
- Sling Shot – 2,755
- Slingshot w/Vulkan – 1,981
- RAM Copy – 6,587 MB/s
- Internal Storage – 144 MB/s Read | 113 MB/s write
- Wi-Fi – 5GHz 100% | 2.4GHz 57% (based on network speed of 250Mbps)
- LAN – GB LAN – 100% (based on network speed of 250Mbps)
Khadas VIM4 Features
- 4K 2160p 60hz / 8K 24fps
- HDR Display/Adaptive HDR
- HDMI CEC
- HDMI input source
- Dolby Atmos/DTS Audio
- Screen Rotation
- Alternative launchers/Custom Wallpapers
- Power Key definition options
- Automatic and preset fan speeds
- M.2 Expandable Storage
- High Benchmarks
VIM4 First look impressions
so am really impressed with the performance of this A311D2 optical CPU clocked at 2.2 GHz. Am also satisfied that in their updated release of the Android operating system that this SOC will be the best 64bit Android TV box that you can also install Ubuntu Gnome and Ubuntu server. It will also be the first Android TV box that you can use M.2 and NVME SSD expandable storage, and a big plus for this box is the inclusion of a cooling fan. Something I have always wanted included in regular Android boxes. Yes I know it’s not a full-fledged Android box with remote control but they do have a Khadas remote control for this SOC.
But the Android operating system is just one of the many things you can do with this SOC as it’s actually an Amlogic many computer that can be used for advanced and complex task and you can also attach various touchscreen accessories, displays, fingerprint sensors, and more.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
We are participant in the Amazon services LLC Associates Program, and affiliate advertising program designed to produce a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.