BuzzTV HD5 Review
The BuzzTV HD5 is one of BuzzTV’s latest releases, and though it may look like a TV Box it’s actually a TV dongle but still has all the features and performance of their box models. In this minimalistic design the managed to incorporate all of their proprietary features mainly its IPTV server hub, where you can host multiple IPTV services from one central interface.
The HD5 runs on the latest chipset with features such as of Vulkan support and AV1 decoders. Its CPU is clocked at 2.0 GHz which makes it a very smooth running high-performance TV dongle. It’s operating system is the latest Android 11 TV OS and is Google certified. This gives you the option to run premium movie services apps such as Amazon prime video and the Disney+.
10% Coupon: BUZZTVBOXSTOP
BuzzTV HD5 Hardware
The HD5 runs on the Amlogic S905Y4 CPU which is a quad-core cortex A35 processor with a maximum clock speed of 2.0 GHz, which I find impressive for a TV dongle. Its display component of the SOC is powered by the ARM Mali G31 GPU with a maximum refresh rate of 60hz, with open GL ES version 3.2 which is great for gaming. It’s GPU also supports the new AV1 decoder.
It comes in two models a 2GB 16GB, and a 4GB 32GB model. It has excellent Wi-Fi reception with its 2T 2R – Built In Dual Antennas, that provide a significant increase in range to and from your router. It also has excellent Bluetooth reception with its Bluetooth 5.1 adapter.
With its minimalistic design it features just one HDMI port, one USB 2.0 port, one RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port, and a USB type C charging port. It also has an external press button reset. It HDMI connector is attached to a flexible cable making it suitable to connect behind your TV or monitor as most standard bungles, and it comes with a USB type C charging adapter which is recommended that you use instead of a USB port.
BuzzTV HD5 Benchmarks
see where the BuzzTV X5 places on the monster TV Box ranking chart
- Antutu benchmark – 86,046
- Geekbench 4 – 673 single-core | 1925 multi-core
- Ice storm extreme – 6,006
- Slingshot extreme w/Vulkan – 371
- RAM copy speed – 3569 MB/s
- Internal Storage Speed – 115 MB/s | write 57 MB/s
- Wi-Fi Speed (250Mbps) – 5GHz 100% | 2.4GHz 41%
- Ethernet LAN Speed – 38%
- Amlogic S905Y4 CPU 2.0 GHz
- Mali G31 GPU W/ Vulkan support
- DDR4 RAM
- Android 11 TV OS Google certified
- BuzzTV’s proprietary live TV service featured
- Premium movie services in HD
- 4K 2160p 60hz resolution
- HDR display
- Max Wi-Fi speed on the 5 GHz band
- Kodi and streaming APKs OK
- YouTube in 4K HDR
- BuzzTV BT 400 Bluetooth remote
- Alternative launchers work
- Good benchmarks
- Good graphics rendering for 3D gaming
- Screen mirroring using Airscreen app
- Good 4K HDR and HLG-HDR video playback
- Dolby Atmos/ Dolby surround
- Bluetooth connection stable
No root access
No Netflix ESN certification
LAN port not a gigabit LAN
HDCP protection too low for premium movie services in 4K
No DTS HD-MA and DTS-X decoders
So in summary the HD5 is a great high performance TV dongle with all the features of one of their latest boxes. However being a dongle I would have liked if they included at least two USB ports, some cooling vents, and DTS HD decoders. Other than that this is a great TV dongle for what it’s worth.
10% Coupon: BUZZTVBOXSTOP
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
We are participant in the Amazon services LLC Associates Program, and affiliate advertising program designed to produce a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.