X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 TV Box Review
Amlogic continues to dominate the TV box market with the release of a new S905X3 CPU. The X96 Air TV Box is one of the first of boxes to feature this new CPU, and it has already generated quite a stir among the TV box community. Will it have better performance than the previous S905X2, and how how will boxes carrying this new CPU cost. Some are of the belief that the new CPU is nothing new and it is the same S905X2 clocked at a higher speed. In this short article I will give you the information pertaining to this assumption and a break down of what the X96 Air has to offer.
11.11 Deals – http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/FF2QyLqY
New G30 Air-Mouse – http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/lcR3B7P6
- CPU – Amlogic S905X3 1.9GHz
- GPU – Mali G31 MP6
- RAM – 4GB DDR4
- ROM – 32GB eMMc
- Wifi – 802.11ac 2.4GHz + 5GHz
- LAN – 100Mbps
- Bluetooth – 4.1
- 1 HDMI
- 3 USB
- 1 LAN 100Mbps
- 1 AV
- 1 SD Card
- 1 Optical Audio
- Antutu – 74439
- Geekbench 4 – 804 Single-Core | 2234 Multi-Core
- Ice Storm Extreme – 5605
- Sling Shot – 521
- RAM Copy Speed – 3186 MB/s
- ROM Speed – 138 MB/s Read | 77 MB/s Write
- WiFi Speed – Max 5GHz | 2.4GHz slower | LAN Slow
- Android 9 Pie OS
- Root access
- Dolby Vision/audio/DTS audio
- Alternative launcher compatible
- YouTube in 4K
- HDR Display
- Gamepad Key-mapping apps work
- Good 4K video playback
- 2.4GHz and LAN slow speeds
- Screen rotation does not work
- Netflix and Amazon Prime in SD quality only
- No Navigation/status bar
The X96 Air picks up where the S905X2 left off. It has all the great features of the X2 CPU an it also has a higher CPU clock speed than most of the boxes running on the X2 chipset.
I wish they could have use a 64bit instruction set to run 64bit apps.
They should have included a navigation bar and status bar.
The Network card used in this box is not the best, resulting in slow LAN and 2.4GHz bandwidth speeds.
They did a poor job with the body’s ventilation resulting in overheating during gaming.