Magicsee N5 Max TV Box Review
Magicsee entered the TV box market in July 2017 and has consistently produced great TV boxes over the last couple of years. The Magicsee N5 Max TV Box is their 2019 release running on the Amlogic S905X2 chipset. We have seen many boxes released this year on this chipset and many of them tried to cut corners when it came to heat management and in doing so had to govern down the CPU clock speed to avoid overheating and throttling. This is not the case with Magicsee, they designed this box in such a way that they were able to deliver a great TV box with max CPU clock speed settings and great heat management, resulting in high-performance streaming and 3D gaming delivering great all-around user experience.
– $42.99 – $62.99 – shrsl.com/1slpk
Coupon: CHYST730XI $55.99
– $47.99 -$63.99 – shrsl.com/1slpn
– $64.54 -$69.92 – shrsl.com/1ojpe
– $49.30 -$54.74 – shrsl.com/1ojpy
– $55.99 – $71.59 – shrsl.com/1ojqe
– $35.35 – $67.83 – s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bi2crrc8
– $41.99 – $51.99 – amzn.to/2Lsl2qs
- CPU – Amlogic S905X2 Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 1.9GHz ⚡
- GPU – ARM Mali G31 750Mhz 🎮
- RAM – 4GB DDR4 🖥️
- ROM – 64GB 💽
- WiFi – Dual Band AC 2.4Ghz + 5.8GHz 📶
- Bluetooth – 4.1 📡
IO ports 🔌
- 1 HDMI 2.1
- 1 USB 3.0
- 1 USB 2.0
- 1 RJ45 LAN 1000Mbps
- 1 Optical Audio SPDIF
- 1 AV Port
- 1 Micro SD Card Reader
It has a good design, the body is made of plastic and it has an LED display to the front. To the bottom of the box, you have lots of ventilation holes.
OS and features 📺
The Magicsee N5 Max runs on Android 8.1 operating system and it delivers the following features.
- DRM Google Widevine L3
- 4K 2160p 60Hz
- Dolby Vision
- DTS Audio
- HDR Display
- Alternative Launcher capable
- Keymapping capable
- Netflix / Amazon Prime STD quality 480p
- APK / Kodi streaming ready
- Miracast / Airplay ready
4K video playback 📹
The Magicsee N5 Max has good 4k video playback, however, there are a few video formats in my collection that had some difficulty, especially those encoded with high bit-rates.
3D Gaming 🎮
The ARM Mali G31 continues to put on quite a show this year with smooth handling and great rendering. The N5 max is compatible with keymapping apps so you and program any gamepad or Keyboard and mouse function to any touchscreen function.
- Antutu – 59,776
- Geekbench 4 – 727 Single Core | 2189 Multi core
- Ice Storm Extreme – 4881
- Sling Shot – 502
- RAM Copy Speed – 3728 MB/s
- ROM Read/Write speed – 136 MB/s Write 91 MB/s
- WiFi/LAN Speed – Max speed on 5GHz and LAN | 2.4GHz 20% below Max
The Magicsee N5 Max is another solid TV box. I like the internal design of the box and how they provide adequate heat dissipation and at the same clocking the CPU at 1.9GHz for great performance in streaming and in 3D gaming. What didn’t like how they forgot to include a navigation bar and notifications bar, and even though the remote works really well it is not Bluetooth and it lacks an air-mouse feature. The 4K video playback performance is the same as in most of the other S905X2 boxes. And the last con is that the 2.4GHz band operates at 20% below the Maximum speed of my Internet package of 60MB. So it maxes at about 45MB at most.