Beelink GT1 Mini 2 Review
The Beelink GT1 Mini 2 Amlogic S905X3 TV box is the first TV box running on the native mobile version of Android to have Google Widevine L1 and HDCP protection. This was only supported on boxes running certified versions Android TV OS, with Chromecast a full Google assistant. It has been the number one complaint by member of the TV box community, as it prevented many users from watching premium streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime video in HD and 4K quality. Running on the latest Amlogic S905X3 hardware, is this bold ground breaking move by Beelink enough for Netflix to show in HD? In this review I discovered that it takes a little more than just Google Widevine L1 and HDCP protection for Netflix to show in HD/4K quality. They have to a step further and setup Netflix ESN certification to achieve full Netflix viewing quality which this box does not have. Well I haven’t tested them all, so maybe other services may work with this added DRM support.
US $43.17 – 65.05 Coupon $8 OFF – s.click.aliexpress.com/e/MaHXiITI
US$ 79.99 – shrsl.com/207n9
- CPU – Amlogic S905X3 Quad Core 1.9GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali G31 650GHz
- RAM – 4GB DDR4
- ROM – 64GB
- WiFi – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz + 5.8GHz
- LAN – 1000Mbps
- Bluetooth – 4.1
- Remote – Bluetooth voice remote (included dongle)
- 1 HDMI 2.0a
- 1 USB 2.0
- 1 USB 3.0
- 1 AV port
- 1 Micro SD reader
- 1 RJ45 LAN
- 1 Reset pinhole button
- Antutu – 64,596
- Geekbench 4 – 879 Single core 2326 Multi core
- Ice Storm Extreme – 5,687
- Sling Shot test – 527
- RAM Speed – 3309 MB/s
- ROM Speed – 137 MB/s Read 95 MB/s write
- WiFi Speed – Max speed 5.8GHz/ LAN 1000Mbps | 2.4GHz fell below by 52%
Special Pro Features
- Google Widevine L1 and HDCP protection.
- Clocked at 1.9GHz.
- GPU Mali G31.
- Max speed on the 5GHz WiFi band and LAN 1000Mbps.
- Bluetooth 4.1 support.
- The box is rooted.
- The launcher has a navigation bar and notifications bar.
- You have firmware updates.
- You can use alternative launchers.
- You have voice search an voice commands via the included voice remote.
- Kodi an streaming APKs work perfectly.
- 4K video playback is good.
- You have Dolby Atmos and DTS audio output.
- Casting your mobile device via Miracast an the Airscreen app works well.
- YouTube plays in 4K quality.
- You have good 3D gaming and gamepad keymapping functionality.
- The benchmark scores are good.
- The box operates within safe operating temperatures.
- Not enough certification for Netflix to show in HD/4K quality.
- Screen rotation does not work.
- Setting app permissions causes box the jump back to home screen.
- No Dolby TrueHD
- Only 2 USB ports, one used by remote dongle.
- Some app don’t work due to DRM feature.
This is a big step in the right direction by Beelink and I hope they get it right to be the to release a TV box running the native version of Android and at the same time has all the requirements to show Netflix and other premium streaming services in HD/4k quality. I would be contacting Beelink to outline some of the issues I experienced and recommend that they release firmware updates to fix these issues. Other than that the is a good performing TV box to buy for streaming movies and Tv shows, 4K video playback, and high performance 3D gaming.