Minix Neo U9 H Amlogic S912 Android 6.0 4K TV Box Review
Introducing the Minix Neo U9 H Amlogic S912 Octa Core Android 6.0 4K TV Box. I have high expectations for this box as Minix has a good reputation in the industry, and has been around since the advent of TV boxes. If you monitor their activity, they selectively release TV boxes based on the availability of quality hardware, and they don’t flood the market with sub standard products for the sake of marketing. If you visit every major online retail store like Amazon, Ebay, and Aliexpress, you would see that a lot of their TV boxes are among the best sellers in TV boxes.
The Minix Neo U9 H, operates on the Amlogic S912 octa core Cortex A53 CPU, running up to 2.0 GHz. This CPU has support for the ARM Mali T820 Tri core GPU running up to 750MHz. Its memory capacity is 2GB of DDR3L RAM, and 16GB of internal storage. It has 802.11 AC Dual band 2.4GHz + 5.8Ghz WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.1+ EDR.
The box comes with a Minix wireless air mouse in a lite and advance version. This is stock and is included in the package.
The Minix Neo U9 H, runs on Android 6.0 operating system, and it comes with own custom version of Kodi XBMC. It comes with Miracast and DLNA. There isn’t very much I can say at this point about the other software features, that will done in the full review of the box coming soon.
3 USB 2.0
1 RJ45 1000Mbps
SD TF Card Reader
1 External antenna
1 5V power adapter jack
- The box is well built with the latest hardware and includes all the required IO ports inclusive of an OTG port.
- It has Microsoft Play Ready DRM support for Netflix
- Dual launchers, Minix native and Nova launcher
- Fast internal storage read and write speed
- WiFi download and upload speeds are good on the external antenna
- Box auto updates and grants navigation bar
- Comes with Kodi 17 preinstalled on addons included
- Plays 4K videos at 60fps
- 5.1 DTS audio pass-through support
- Miracast works well
- Bluetooth 4.1 Technology
- Affordable price
- Box is not rooted
- CPU limited to 1.5GHz and not maxed at 2.0GHz as advertised
- Has difficulty playing 4K videos with 250Mbps bit rate and over
- This model has an infrared remote and you have to pay more for the Minix air mouse